Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A few sketches and a movie recommendation



A sketch of a picture I saw.


My youngest son. He was trying on hats.


Playing with markers, (brush pens). I am just starting to do this.


Here are a few of my sketches this week. I have been able to move around this week and actually get a few things done. I don't have too much to say about these sketches.

The next thing I want to do is a movie review. It's funny I would do this, but I liked this movie and because the critics panned it, I thought I would bring it up.

This movie is "The Martian Child". The critics said it was too sentimental and too predictable.
I rented it anyway because I like John Cusak. In fact I like the whole cast.

I was not disapointed and found the story very touching. It was was well paced and interesting. And I though the boy, Bobby Coleman was great. He gave a very strong preformance. Cusak was cool as usual and Amanda Peet was beautiful.

If I were going to grade this, I would probably give it a solid B, but that is just my opinion and you are welcome to it.

Here is a link to a song from the movie, which a heard and looked up. I have been listening to it for a few days. It's from a band named Guster.

No comments: