Sunday, April 11, 2010

Cartoon: The She Creature of the Darkest Lagoon, How I did this.

I thought for this cartoon I would show and tell how the finished version was made. Maybe this would be of some interest. I just figure out a little bit at a time, but I am glad to share what I know with anyone that is interested.

First there was the sketch which was inked and cleaned up. Next I scanned it and worked on it with my digital pad. I don't have a fancy pad, but the one I have is pretty good. It is a 6"x9" Wacom Bamboo Pad. I am very happy with it.

With the digital pad, first I cleaned up the drawing some more using Gimp, which is a free program. Then I simply colored the drawing using Corel Painter Essentials 3 which came with my Bamboo pad.

That simple.

Just another word about Gimp. It is a great program that does a lot. For a long time this was the only image manipulation program I had. I used it mostly for resizing, rotating, cropping, colorizing and cleaning up my drawings. Oh, yeah and did I mention that it is free?

This is the sketch that was inked scanned and then cleaned up with the computer


This is the final product, but I could change something about it if I wanted to.


No comments: